Saturday 22 May 2010

Training for a Marathon

This is a picture of my shadow - I was trying to take a magnificent photograph of the front range of the rocky mountains while I was walking this morning - and ended up with a bunch of crazy photos on my iPhone - this is one of them. And the fuel belt does not make for a svelte looking shadow, I must add. Walking and chewing gum? Maybe not so easy...

I am truly training for a marathon. I have not managed to do one before. I have done 5 half marathons, but never a whole enchilada. And funny, I never finished a half and said "Gee! I wish I had 13.1 more miles to run!!" But I have always wanted to run a marathon. And at the age of 58, I figure it is now or never.

I love, love, loving my running club. It is so wonderful to have these wonderful people to meet up with at 5:30 on Saturday morning. Yes, 5:30. A.M. I love that too.

I have backed off some other commitments, so I am thinking I will have time to keep this blog a little more current. Would love to hear from you.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my Spot and so glad you said hello ;)
A marathon, hm? I'm a little envious. My plan to go from a 5k to a 10k to a half then on to a full marathon ended after my second half. Burnt out and tired of pushing my nearly-six year old in the jogger has put a damper on the plan - till he goes to kindergarten this fall...I'll live it vicariously through you ;)

ws said...

I'm glad the running club is going well and I hope you stick with the full marathon. I'm a relatively stoic person but I still remember tears streaming from my eyes as soon as I saw the finish line of my first marathon. have a great Monday.

Wes said...

I was talking to my daughter yesterday about chasing her dreams. It's never too late to start :-) Rock on!

kizzy said...

So great to hear that!

Good Luck on your training...

Keep running.

--marmot

Theia said...

Congratulations on chasing your dream!

doodlegirl said...

So did you do it?!!? I just stumbled upon your blog by selecting "NEXT BLOG" up on the top menu of the blogger blog. I know you can do it! I've run 3 half marathons and 3 10ks in the past 18 months and a friend of mine who's ran the same distance just ran a "marathon" in her traininig. She said, "heck, shawn! I did it and it wasn't even a marathon!" and now i wish i had done it with her because we always run together. Anyway, i wish you well.... live out your dream. Don't listen to any of the naysayers. You can do it!!!!!!!!!!

Titolo said...

Attenzione!!! Non correre tanto, sono un ex maratoneta ed ora a 75y ho grossi problemi alle ginocchia e alla schiena. Auguri

RunnerinLV said...

Congratulations on running your first marathon. Truly an inspiration, and the lady is right. It is YOUR race, every time.

Anonymous said...

I like this blog ,because I learn some knowledge from it.Thank you very much. Ray Rice Jersey
Wes Welker Jersey
Rob Gronkowski Jersey

Monster Headphones said...

Nice blog work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the Nav Bar located at the top of my web Monster Headphones

qifei2012 said...

Microsoft Office Standard 2010 offers noteworthy methods to do your very best operate through multiple Laptop or computer utilizing the phone or an Internet browser Microsoft office 2010. With all the details changes with regard to Microsoft Excel, Ms Power point in addition to Microsoft Word, plus a view of your community around Microsoft Outlook, you may keep on being efficient and also in touch with common tools and instinctive Office 2010 key. Microsoft Office Standard 2010 will let you speed up, much easier with increased perception, equally on the streets, in the office, doing the job only or perhaps as part of the company office 2010.